Tuesday, September 27, 2011

C.A.S = Crazy Ass Soup

C.A.S
As much as I am a passionate of food, and willing to cook up a storm anytime, be it for my friends, family or others, there are days when I just don't feel like it. Like today, I wake up nose stuffed and sneezing my head off, I am sick. I hate being sick. It makes me feel week and I don't like that. I am the only one in control of my destiny right? So I have to be strong, yet still I just can't bring myself to cook today it’s just not in the stars. So let’s just stay simple shall we. It’s going to be all can goods. This is no chef work, but sitting here filling yet another tissue paper with transparent mucus my head is saying no to my heart, or to quote my head perfectly,
 "HEART SHUT THE FRACK UP YOU ARE IN NO SHAPE TO COOK ANYTHING, OPEN A CAN SIT YOUR ASS DOWN AND EAT."
So it’s going to be soup, not sure I will like it but I really don't have the strength.
Well that was the plan, that is until I actually arrive in the kitchen then it became a bit more. I mean come on people, anyone who knows me know that I don't just do simple.

And that my dear friends and followers is how I came up with the crazy ass soup.

What you will need:
1 packet of chicken noodle soup (not into branding but I like maggi)
50cl of water
1 tsp of nuoc mam
1 portion bacon bits ( Lardons )
1 egg poached
1/4 of a carrot
Some rockette leaves

How to make:
1- In a pot pour in the contents of the packet of the chicken noodle soup and add nuoc mam and water, bring to the boil.
2- While soup is boiling in a very hot pan through in your bacon bits, without any additional fat. You will want to get them brown and crispy, not burnt.
3- Poach your egg

Some advice for a poached egg.  Make sure your water is boiling slowly; you do not want it boiling at high speed. Don’t forget to add a bit of salt to your water and a bit of vinegar, this helps the egg to coegulate.
Put your egg in only when the water is boiling and give it a little stir to make sure the white covers the yoke.

4 -julienne your carrots (julienne means cut into very thin strips)

5- Bring everything together:

Pour your chicken soup into a bowl, top with rockette salad and julienne carrot, put poached eggs on top and spread bacon bits above.
Bonne appetite!
Now I don't know if it was because I was sick but I found this soup very good and it made me feel a little better. Why don't you guys give it a try.
Until next time I am nursing myself with a mixture of honey, rum and lime juice.




Feeding the Buddha


No comments:

Post a Comment